Pokemon is Demonic Apparently Pokemon is Demonic Apparently

Oh man, Butterfree is f-ing jacked!. . . But to be fair, Butterfree is really strong and basically the linchpin of my team strategy.

This video is priceless.

Axelstation responds:

I'm glad you liked it ^^

We Gotta Get Spongebob Ba We Gotta Get Spongebob Ba

That was weird, creepy, disturbing, bizarre, and still better than post-movie Spongebob. 4 stars.

Sonic Shorts: Volume 6 Sonic Shorts: Volume 6

Normally I can't write a review for a collab, because I usually have too much to say about each skit (Sketch, short, whatever you want to call it), but this time I truly want to thank you for submitting this, I was stuck at Carnival Night Zone for a year and I never would have made it past that cursed Barrel thing if it werenâEUTMt for this episode of Sonic Shorts.

This truly deserves 5/5 Stars.

Slumber Knight Slumber Knight

I hate. I Hate! I HATE!!

This game is a grade-A Jerk-Bag!

First off, the controls; you can't go down on the over-world, regardless of weather or not there is actually a platform there.

Second; Flappy bird?

Third; Every time you slay a demon, the results screen shows your remaining lives and then pulls a world class troll by not giving you an extra one which would be very helpful because it is unreasonably easy to die, lives are in limited supply, and there is a very small life cap.

Fourth; Flappy bird!?

Fifth; There are some levels (I'm not gonna call them enemies or bosses) where you can't see the teeth (which kill you instantly, taking away your very limited lives) until it's already too late. This is what I, as an aspiring game developer myself call "Forced difficulty through bad game design."

and Finally; FUCKING FLAPPY BIRD!?!?

En Garde En Garde

This. . . This is how you write a revenge story. I don't want to spoil anything so I recommend everyone play it through to the end because it is completely worth it.
This may seem odd, but the gameplay reminds me of Punchout. I just love everything about this game.
You earned this 5!

joshoclast responds:

Thanks a lot!

I actually had Punch Out in mind at the early design stages :)

Hop and Bop - Pixel Game Hop and Bop - Pixel Game

Now; I am one to enjoy pixel-y graphics, but the fact that everything looks so... "Mario-esque" (Did I spell that right) actually takes away from the game instead of adding to it. The game even decided to trick me with gold blocks that I can't break because I'm not Mario. But at least our character is cute (I like bunnies).
There doesn't seem to be any story here and normally I'm okay with that, but what's my motivation for killing turtles is it a "Tortoise and the Hare" thing? If so: why am I fighting birds? And what do they turn into when they die!?
The music is okay, I think that we needed more tracks, but of course I couldn't make it past level 3 which brings me to my final point...
[LIGHTNING ROUND!!] Oh my God! That potion is the worst power up in video game history... EVER! It doesn't make you INVINCIBLE, it makes you INTANGIBLE (Ghost-like) allowing you to pass through enemies... and carrots, hearts, clocks, you can't even kill enemies while it's active. At the same time the game is too hard and too easy: Enemies and Items don't re-spawn when you die and there are no mid-level check-points. And then I died... still waiting for the game over screen to end...
Over all this game has potential if you could break away from the Mario-ness this could be a great Platformer. Unfortunately this demo is very lacking which is why it only gets 2.5 stars.

PS. On a side note (This is for all you flash developers out there) just because it's a Mario-like platformer doesn't mean you have to have a sprint button for the sole purpose of "Sprint across these stepping stones" I get there and think "Hm? What am I supposed to do here(?)" I'm so sick of that puzzle: just because they did it in {Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels} doesn't mean you have to do it here. Also might I recommend Re-mapable controls? It's really hard to Jump with a damaged "x" key (long story). But for now, I'm gonna hit re-fresh and try again.

PPS: That "Game over" screen lasting forever thing IS a glitch... right?

Pixelated Pixelated

I spent so long on the audio portal looking for a good Field Theme, so far this is closest to what I need. I'm making a game for Stencyl Jam 2015, may I use this song?

BlueDragonMusic responds:

Sure! I'm happy to hear you are planning on using my work.

Only three basic rules to follow when using my music:
1. You credit me for my work accordingly.
2. No profit be made from the game (selling the game, getting sponsored, etc).
3. The track doesn't get redistributed to other developers without my consent.

But I assume you already had that in mind. Cheers, and feel free to PM me if you want anything else (Wave format audio, questions, etc.)!

Simple and Clean (8BitM) Simple and Clean (8BitM)

"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight. it's hard to let it go" (Sigh).
This makes me miss the original, and best, Kingdom Hearts, before Square/SquareEnix decided to Final Fantasy 5 the plot to death with things that never get explained or didn't make sense. This remix makes me want to play KH1 again. Awesomely done.

8-Bit 8-Bit

I actually clicked on this song because of how unspecific its title was, suffice it to say, I'm glad I did, this song is. . . lack of a better word: Cool. May I use this in a game I'm working on?

masl123 responds:

yeah, do whatever you want. just give me Credits, and send me a link to that game, if its done.